Skip to main content.

Back to Web Site

Town of Swanzey, NH
Covered Bridge Capital of New Hampshire

Marriage Licenses

Couples who wish to marry in New Hampshire may apply to any City Clerk or Town Clerk. The license is valid for 90 days, and the $50 fee is payable by cash or check.

Applicants must submit paperwork to the Town Clerk at Town Hall no later than 4:00 p.m. (Monday through Friday). This allows staff sufficient time to get the information to the State computer to print the license.

Both parties must be present to prepare the paperwork, and proof of age may be required. If the application is not for a first marriage, applicants must show a certified copy of the final divorce decree with the gold seal from the court, or a certified copy of the death certificate.

The Town of Swanzey prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, religion, age, disability, marital or family status. The Town of Swanzey is an equal opportunity employer. Web site copyright 2010. All rights reserved.