In 2010, you . . .
* Brought in over 2,050 tons of material for processing and disposal
* Recycled 1,015 tons of that total
* Maintained our 50% recycling landfill diversion rate! Good for you!
* Saved the taxpayers over $47,000 by recycling.
Did you know?
* Swanzey has recycled over 19,900 tons since 1990.
* The United States sent $6.5 billion worth of recyclables to landfills last year.
* Making a new aluminum can from a recycled one takes only 5% of the energy it would take to make a new can from aluminum ore.